Mid-Career GP Phoenix Programme
National Career Development and Leadership Programme for mid-career GPs.
- Looking for new opportunities?
- At risk of burnout?
- Let us energise you, inspire you and turn your job back into a career!
This FULLY FUNDED virtual course, hosted by the Black Country & West Birmingham ICS, with the support of NHSE & RCGP, is FREE to attend for successful applicants.
The programme consists of:-
- Six evening events over six months
- 2 hours sessions via Microsoft Teams
- 40 minute keynote speech and Q&A session
- Skills workshop including topics such as fundamentals of quality improvement, change management, group facilitation, aim setting
- Strength Finder assessment with facilitated feedback and action planning
- GP Wellbeing and Resilience session
- Thursday 10th March - 19:0-21:00- Speaker- Neil Modha
- Thursday 31st March - 19:00-21:00- Speaker- Ursula Montgomery
- Wednesday 20th April - 19:00-21:00- Strengths Finder session
- Thursday 19th May - 19:00-21:00- Speaker- Margaret Ikpoh
- Thurs 9th June - 19:00-21:00- Speaker- Aruna Garcea
- Thurs 30th June - 19:00-21:00- Shapes Toolkit session
Please see flyer for more information
Who can apply?
Any post 5 year qualified GP in a substantive role across BCWB
How can I apply?
Visit www.phoenixgp.co.uk and complete the online application form.
Some quotes from GPs who have accessed the scheme
'The Phoenix programme is an absolute game changer for me - really opened my eyes to different possibilities and ways of managing/improving my working life. The line-up has been spot on and the perfect balance of inspiration and really practical skills/tips. So grateful for this opportunity.'
'I'm acutely feeling the pressure and am facing burnout. I'm looking for ways to help me function effectively and safely. Phoenix covers both personal resilience and leadership development which I hope will prepare me for the pressures of my job and give me inspiration and guidance on making my aims effective and achievable'